File Shredder Tool
NoVirusThanks File Shredder Tool is a simple Windows OS software application that can permanently delete files from your hard drive so that no one can recover them with file recovery software. As you know the Windows native “Delete” operation doesn’t permanently delete files, in fact most of the files deleted via the recycle bin can be easily recovered. File Shredder Tool has been created to completely remove sensitive data and company files from your hard drive in a fast and easy way.
File Shredder Tool uses different shredding algorithms to ensure permanent file deletion, it supports a single pass, 3 passes (DoD), 7 passes (DoD) and 35 passes (Gutmann). Obviously if you use the 35 passes it will take some time to completely delete a big file, but it is the most powerful method. Before deleting the file, the file is renamed to a random file name, making it impossible to even know the name of a deleted file. Don’t worry about NTFS MFT traces, since the program randomly renames the file before the deletion, no relevant file info are stored on there.
The interface is very user friendly, just select files or folders you want to permanently delete and click the button “Delete”. The program supports “drag & drop” for files and folders, and it can be integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu, so you can select multiple files and folders and easily shred them. It can permanently delete even big files of 4+ GB in size, keeping the CPU and memory usage at reasonable levels. Securely delete files with few clicks, the right way.
Key features and characteristics
- Permanently erase sensitive data and company files
- Uses different powerful file shredding algorithms
- Securely overwrite files from 1 to 35 times
- Rename files with random names before the deletion
- Support “drag & drop” for files and folders
- Integrate with Windows Explorer context menu
- Support secure deletion of big files of 4+ GB in size
- Support all Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Very lightweight in memory and CPU usage
|Last Updated||3 March 2016|
|Operating System||Windows All (32-bit / 64-bit)|